29 July 2010

Haste makes Waste

I've refrained from commenting on the Sherrod matter because I wanted the dust to settle. My take is that we have seen the "Get it first, get it fast, get it now" mentality which we have been living with exposed. We seem to be so interested in speed that accuracy gets sacrificed. Research anything? Forget it. Take a minute to make sure we "get it right?" Not in this instant gratification world we seem to live in. Let me know when that changes. In the meantime, you won't be able to call me on a cell phone because I don't own one. When I absolutely need one, my wife lends me hers. If you're interested in what I think, not to mention where I am, you'll just have to patient. I live in a slower world, one that is concerned with accuracy over speed, quality over quantity.

In other news that I'm sure no one is interested in (since no one seems to be reading this blog), the wonderful folks at the Diabetes Care Clinic at the NY VA Hospital, most of whom actually work at NYU Med Center, seem to think that synthetic insulin is better than real insulin. They really went to town with me the other day trying to convince me to switch. However I, the dinosaur, refused. Why? Somehow, I don't think there is much we can do that improves upon nature, expecially that which goes into my body. Call me a troglodyte, but that's just the way I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment